It’s undeniable that no one likes to be stressed or in pain, and unfortunately, workplace-related stress and pain are common issues in today’s workforce.
At Movéo Sport and Rehabilitation Centre’s North Vancouver acupuncture clinic, our experienced team can help you prioritize your overall health and well-being.
Let’s start with the basics.
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, a treatment for both physical and mental conditions, is traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) that has been around for thousands of years. It is performed using fine needles inserted into the skin.
This non-surgical procedure is grounded in the belief that disturbances or blockages within the body or life-flow energy cause health issues. It is an acupuncturist’s job to restore that flow of energy.
After receiving treatment, the intended results are a balance in your life-flow energy, healing of the body and mind, and a general feeling of relaxation.
How Does It Work?
According to traditional Chinese medicine, there are around 1000 pressure points on the human body, each lying on a ‘meridian’ – or an invisible channel of energy. Each energy channel is associated with a specific organ.
The Top 10 Benefits of Acupuncture
Let’s explore 10 important benefits associated with acupuncture treatment. They include:
- Chronic pain relief. In the workplace, issues such as poor posture and heavy backpacks can increase bodily tension, causing long-term or recurring pain. Acupuncture is a drug-free pain relief option for anyone experiencing chronic pain.
- Stress reduction. Acupuncture is a proven method of stress relief. The procedure lowers stress hormones and anxiety while improving mood and boosting overall happiness.
- A stronger immune system. Acupuncture treatments help fight harmful pathogens that affect the immune system. That means acupuncture can reduce the frequency of colds and other illnesses.
- Improved eye health. Eye strain is a common pain point for many people in the modern workplace. Acupuncture can relieve eye strain and related ailments, including myopia, astigmatism, colour blindness and night blindness.
- Mental clarity and focus. This type of traditional Chinese medicine has been shown to improve mental clarity and focus and help with sleep disorders like insomnia. These benefits make it a valuable treatment option for those looking to improve their cognitive function and sleep quality.
- Allergy relief. Acupuncture treatments can help alleviate the discomfort of allergies, especially if started before allergy season. These treatments work by strengthening the body’s immune system against allergens, reducing symptoms caused by harmful pathogens.
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation. Workplace injuries can be stressful, and this stress can lead to more injuries. Regular acupuncture treatments can facilitate recovery from stress-related injuries and reduce the likelihood of long-term pain or the need for surgery.
- Addiction recovery. Did you know acupuncture reduces cravings for addictive substances and behaviour, like smoking and drinking? With a series of treatments, your body can be detoxified and free of anxiety, which can make the recovery process easier.
- Better gut health. Your digestive health is just as important as your mental and physical health. Acupuncture is known to regulate the digestive system, which can lead to better gastrointestinal health.
- Treatment for migraines. Migraines and headaches can be incredibly debilitating, causing stress and discomfort. Acupuncture is a drug-free, effective treatment that has been used to alleviate migraines for many years – and it has lasting effects.
Your Acupuncture Clinic in North Vancouver
Are you ready to get started? At Movéo Sport and Rehabilitation Centre, we are committed to helping you achieve optimal health and peak performance.